Chronometry: Interesting Heinrich

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by Paul Regan, Aug 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. Paul Regan

Paul Regan Registered User

Mar 4, 2003
    Here is a nice H. H. Heinrich of NYC #503. What is interesting is the size movement. The top plate is 58mm, dial is 95mm and the bezel is 107mm. Also interesting are the pillar screws. The movement size and balance suggest something much earlier than the approximate 1880's which I presume Heinrich's to be. Everything appears to be made together. Was Heinrich known to use available movements? The box is 6.250" square. Does anyone have a similar Heinrich? It is easy on the eyes! Comments?
    Paul

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

2. richiec

richiec Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    Paul, very pretty movement, really nice shape, love the box too. Hopefully, someone knows the maker and time period.

3. Paul Regan

Mar 4, 2003
    Thank you Richiec.
    I thought there might have been more comments, especially with the movement having tall brass pillar screws and the interesting mortised dust band on the box. I assume that an earlier chronometer must have been redialed by Heinrich due to its availability or whatever.
    Thanks, Paul

4. Ralph

Ralph Registered User

Jan 22, 2002
    Paul,

I'm sure I've those pillar screws in the past. I looked through a lot of my stuff and could not find anything. It may have been one in a catalog or I saw real time.?? It's unique enough, it would probably identify the maker, or at least the locale it came from.

Ralph

5. Paul Regan

Mar 4, 2003
    Thanks Ralph, I appreciate your input.
    Paul

6. Ralph

Ralph Registered User

Jan 22, 2002
    Paul,

Do you have the von Bertolle book? It might have a similar movement pictured.

Ralph

7. Paul Regan

Mar 4, 2003
    No Ralph, I do not have that reference.
    Paul