• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Installed a new Urgos UW32349 movement

Den052

Jul 3, 2021
Country
I installed this movement in my Howard Miller grandfather clock recently and made most adjustments to where it is almost working perfectly.

The problem I have is it chimes the hours fine except when it reaches 11oclock it chimes 11 times but when it reaches 12, it only chimes 11 instead of 12 chimes. Hope this is an easy adjustment. Other than that, the other hours chimes perfect and the westminister chimes function fine every 15minutes.

Thanks, a Master light and heavy truck mechanic working outside my expertise, LOL

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
The motion works on the front of the movement behind the dial probably needs adjustment. It is a matter of turning one wheel one tooth. You will need to remove the dial and post a photo of the center of the front of the movement so we can tell you what wheel to turn.
Will

Reactions: NEW65

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
When the rack drops at 11, the rack's tail should land dead center on the 11 step onf the snail. This is the smallest, and next to the lowest step on the snail.

Willie X

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I agree. If the 11:00 step is set right, the others will be right too. Your issue will be on the strike side, technically, but the snail is on the center shaft, and that's where you'll make the adjustment. The minute wheel has a washer on top, held on with an e-clip. Remove the e-clip and washer, lift the snail and turn it one tooth CW. Test it before putting things back together. You might need to do it again, but not likely :)

NEW65

Nov 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Country
Region
Yes I should imagine one tooth adjustment of snail clock wise will do the trick - however it’s a pretty bad show if you have a brand new movement there that needs an adjustment! Good luck with it , it’s a very straightforward procedure.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
If you can't get the position exactly right by remeshing the outside gear train (the one that drives the snail) you can remesh the inner gear train as a fine adjustment. The inner train's pinion is on the handshaft, close to the front plate. Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smartin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-