I recently bought a G. Boley headstock with the usual chipped pulley, except this one had damage to all the pulleys making it un-repairable, and I could not budge the grubscrew. Luckily I managed to tap the spindle through the pulley. In order to keep some originality, I decided to turn off the original bakelite and replace it with acetal. The second photo shows what is under the bakelite. It was surprisingle rusty and more complex than Ithought it would be. The bakelite shell had turned against the left hand thread (m24 x 1.5) by about 30 degrees and sheared off the locking screw. You can see the marks my screwdriver made while trying to undo an imaginary screw, compared to where the hole is. I bored and threaded (my first left hand internal single pointed thread) I did not stick too closely to the internal contours, but took care not to remove too much material as some of the walls would only be 2mm thick after cutting the grooves. I drilled 3 shallow divots on the flat part of the acetal as keys and put on some epoxy adhesive before assembly. First photo shows final result.
Most visitors online was 1660 , on 12 Dec 2020