• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Ingraham Banjo Help

Timothy Davis

Feb 22, 2011
Country
Yes I have a Ingraham banjo clock that looses around 10 min of time a day Is there a way to speed it up Thanks Tim

Attachments

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Yes I have a Ingraham banjo clock that looses around 10 min of time a day Is there a way to speed it up Thanks Tim
Turn the rating nut on the bottom of the pendulum about 5 full turns and wait a couple of days. If the time does not change. Then I guess it's time for an overhaul and cleaning. I use a formula that I tell my customers. Every 360 degree turn on the rating nut, is about 2 minutes fast or slow, in a 24 hour period. Wait 5 days and divide the amount of time your clock is fast or slow into the days and that is how fast your clock is in one day. And then make the adjustment. Good luck

H/C

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Is it fully wound when losing that amount of time?

Timothy Davis

Feb 22, 2011
Country
Turn the rating nut on the bottom of the pendulum about 5 full turns and wait a couple of days. If the time does not change. Then I guess it's time for an overhaul and cleaning. I use a formula that I tell my customers. Every 360 degree turn on the rating nut, is about 2 minutes fast or slow, in a 24 hour period. Wait 5 days and divide the amount of time your clock is fast or slow into the days and that is how fast your clock is in one day. And then make the adjustment. Good luck

H/C
Thanks so much i will give it a try
-> posts merged by system <-
Is it fully wound when losing that amount of time?

Yes it is fully wound I just bought it at a auction this past weekend so Ive only had the clock about 2 full days. Im new to clock collecting its the first clock I have bought. for many years now I have bought fixed and added to my pocket watch and wrist watch collections so I have to learn about clocks the same way I did the watches

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Just for clarification, the pendulum nut is turned 'tighter' to make the pendulum shorter and speed things up.

GJW58

Dec 2, 2010
Virginia
Country
Region
Tim, Nice Banjo! With the watch skills you have,shouldn't be too hard at all for you to clean and re-oil the movement [should the pendulum adjustment not improve its time keeping performance].

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papawelo655
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit