American Information on Martin Schreiner and Sons

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by sylvester12, May 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sylvester12

sylvester12 Registered User

Oct 17, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Found an article in one of the past NAWCC bulletins on Martin Schreiner and Sons who were clockmakers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. One of the clocks shown had a label which looked like the one below which says WATCHES. This label is similar to a clock I have here and I've never seen another one in all the clocks I've looked at online. Trouble is I can't find the bulletin I've turned this place up side down. Does anyone have any info on Martin Schreiner and Sons they can share? I found another article on Schreiner but it's not the same one.

DSC00864.JPG DSC00865.JPG

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Have you searched past bulletins? I just did and found a limited number of articles. A good share of them are in Vol 37 Iss 298.

Kurt

3. sylvester12

sylvester12 Registered User

Oct 17, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Thanks I'll check it out when I get home from work. I've got three boxes of old bulletins that were given to me by another NAWCC member it was in one of those. I'm pretty sure it was an article on PA clockmakers and he was one of them that was mentioned.

4. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As an NAWCC member, you can also access a pdf version of a 30 page document on PA clocks 1750 - 1850. It is a booklet from a special exhibit in 2002. I've not seen a hard copy of it, but you might want to check out this pdf as it has a couple of pages on Martin Shreiner as well as footnotes for two additional references. Happy hunting!
    https://nawcc.org/index.php/nawccbooks/nawcc-books

sylvester12 likes this.