Information needed for this Gustav Becker wall clock

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Hello, I acquired this Gustav Becker wall clock yesterday. I am quite sure the top piece is not original. The clock also miss the bottom piece. The serial number is 1746400. According to John Hubby's Gustave Becker time table, it is ca.early 1904.

Please let me know what the top and bottom pieces suppost to look like. Hope some one have a catalog of the time.
The back of the case have a stamp of Beck logo. I will try to restore the clock when I have the info. In the meantime, I can clean and lube the clock to make it run. The lines for the weights are solid fishing line. I will replace them with 80 lbs spider stealth-Braid fishing line.

Thank you in advance for any information of the clock and any history lesson.
Ming

Attachments

Rockin Ronnie

NAWCC Member
Nov 18, 2012
Greenfield, Nova Scotia
antiquevintageclock.com
Country
Region
Interesting. I have a 2-weight GB coming my way which my wife bid on. It was advertised as a project clock and missing some bits. We'll see. Anyway I will be checking your thread from time to time regarding sourcing parts. I found this site which might be of some help.

Ron

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Interesting. I have a 2-weight GB coming my way which my wife bid on. It was advertised as a project clock and missing some bits. We'll see. Anyway I will be checking your thread from time to time regarding sourcing parts. I found this site which might be of some help.

Ron
Thank you Ron for the info. There was a set marked Sold looks like my.
Ming

Attachments

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
I am still hopping for someone with a catalog to show the top and bottom piece for this clock.
Any information will be higher appreciated.
Ming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justincasejustintime
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller