• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Info on Rudy Stoner Lancaster Pa

Sue

New User
Jul 19, 2009
I know Rudy Stoner was a tallcase clock maker in Lancaster County Pa in the 1700's. Anyone who has additional information would be appreciated. What area of price would a Rudy Stoner tallcase clock WITHOUT origional inner workings be worth. Just asking for a ballpark figure.

Thanks much,
Sue

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Welcome to the message board Sue. Is your Rudy Stoner tall clock a family belonging? Such are priceless heirlooms.

The fact is that we don't provide dollar or comparison monetary values on this venue. This does not mean that a subscriber may privately reply to you with his or her estimate. I hope you understand the liability risks.

However, we can comment on the historical and physical merits of a clock or watch. Photos help a whole lot if they include not only the front and side views along with details of the joinery. A photo of the movement taken from the back is helpful as well.

So the only "ballpark" figures we can provide is 3rd inning, no hits, no runs and the count is two and two. :D

Regards

Last edited:

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi, Sue, welcome to the message board. Spittlers' and Bailey's American Clockmakers and Watchmakers has the following:
"Stoner (Steinen), Rudi (Rudy): Born 1728, Died, 1769. Lancaster County Pa., Ca. 1753-1769, clockmaker."
Value would depend on condition and originality. We are not allowed by message board rules, to discuss values.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
My father wrote this article about Rudy Stoner. Perhaps it will be of use to you.
Welcome to the board.

The original enquirer has not been seen here since 2009, so very likely won't see your message.

No doubt there are others to whom this link may be of interest.

JTD

WoodPress

New User
Dec 2, 2021
Country
I have a Stoner. Still accurate after all these years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPfromTX
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller