Info on Illinois movement.

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by newrailway, Sep 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. newrailway

newrailway Registered User

Sep 5, 2017
    Hi again guys.

Here's another one on the way, however I thought it strange it isn't signed at all on the back?

And it looks similar to a Burlington special I saw as well, is it possible its the same model/grade but just decorated/signed differently?

I searched on the pocket watch database and some movements are signed, some are not. Why is this?

Sorry for all the questions! I love the three finger movements and would love to know more!

Cheers,
    Michael
    View attachment 355678 View attachment 355679

2. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Nice looking watch

yes, it's the same grade 185 Hunter movement

Rob

3. newrailway

Sep 5, 2017
    Thanks Rob.

I notice some are 19 jewels and mine is 17j, I suppose the 19 jewels are just up jeweled versions?

4. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 12, 2017
    They made the Illinois Getty (one exposed wheel) style with different grade watches.
    From low grades to High. And different qualities in each jewel count.
    See what Fred Hansen says here

Rob

5. newrailway

Sep 5, 2017
    Thanks Rob I will have a look