Help images from the old albums

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by terry hall, Mar 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. terry hall

terry hall Registered User
    NAWCC Brass Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Male
    Central North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Past MB software contained an 'album' of images uploaded by each person....
    you could choose from those past images for new posts or upload new ones....
    think i had about 30-40 pages of em....

Where did they go in this new MB software?

Gone forever?
    Recoverable?

thanks in advance.

2. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If you hover your cursor over your avatar in the upper right (next to the magnifying glass), the last item should be "Your Attachments". A click on that will take you to a vast unorganized mess of all of your previous attachments. They are no longer sorted and it is nigh impossible to search out an image you wish to re-use. They want us now to just re-post our images, which only works if we still have them on our computer or whatever device we are posting from.

3. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 John Hubby, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Jerry, I had not looked at mine for a while so I just did that. I notice all my photos are organized by date posted, newest first. Also, each photo is linked to the post you made where it was used. I didn't check out what tools are available to reorganize them, will do that later and see what is there. Since they are by date and you can click on the link to see where the photo is presently located in the forums, it might not be too difficult to do some organizing.

Just had another thought. If you can find the post where you used the photo previously, check the posting date then go to your attachments file, find that date, and you should find the photo. From that you can use the photo for your new post.

4. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    OK - I can see the chronological order now, but I would have to search my old posts, and hope I have the right key word, in order to find the date of a photo that I want to re-use. With nearly 2,000 attached images in the folder it is not easy to find specific images anymore. I wish we could sort by filename again.

5. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Country Flag:
    If you click on Media (2d left of your avatar), that will open a drop down menu. Clicking on Media again will take you to the Media page of the MB. (Alternatively, right click on Media and open in a new tab, if your device has that function.) In the right hand column, under Albums, click on Your Albums and see what you find.

6. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Country Flag:
    269958-fdd8a491584c46d276827687daf80860.jpg Album attachments can be copied and pasted. They can be resized using the resize tool. This one could not since the options offered were larger than the original.

7. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    That worked for me, well for some albums, some are now empty, but very helpful, thanks.

8. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I can't remember if Tom McIntyre is finished importing all albums from vBulletin.

9. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    At vast expense, we are keeping the old site on life support. Importing the albums was a task I forgot to ask for on the original conversion, so it has been a hassle. If you cannot find your albums under the Media tab, let me know and I will try to fetch them for you.

10. novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I seem to have two with pics and two empty.

11. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Only found I pic under Media, which is a Search function.

I can't see below Two-Step Verification on the list when I hover over my avatar.

I logged in on Firefox and can see the complete list ?? I have 26 pages of pictures back to 2008, nothing later?

12. terry hall

terry hall Registered User
    NAWCC Brass Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Male
    Central North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    i found em, in a bit of different manner though. 21 pages, seems chronological order, including some i did today.

the thumbnails in the list are so small i cannot distinguish some of them though. can the thumbnail in the image be enlarged?

13. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your's show up for me by opening media (click twice on the label), use search and enter your name as user. I found 47 pics

Jim, I found the same (nice 947). You also have 21 pages of attachments in your profile.

Terry, those small square icons are designed to just be clues, but I agree they are too small. They also display the upper left corner instead of the center of the standard 250px thumbnail. I told the group that developed the feature that those thumbs were a problem last September but no fix yet.
    ---------------------------
    I wrote the combined album/attachment feature for vBulletin but it could not be moved here intact because they are too different here. I may be able to copy your attachments to the albums but it is labor intensive at this time. I am planning to do a more integrated image management system, but not before we do our upgrade to the new v2 of XenForo this fall.

14. novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Tom,

There are four albums. Two have pics, two don't. Originally all four had pics.