Illinois trolley watch marketing

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by CentreKeystone, Jun 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CentreKeystone

CentreKeystone Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Ilinois sold a number of pocket watches marked Electric Railway (or Railroad) in various ways. I have seen several Hamilton advertisements for trolley watches but none for Ill. If they did not advertise how did Ill market their watches to motormen and conductors?

2. CentreKeystone

CentreKeystone Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Judging by the lack of response no one else has seen an Ill trolley watch adv. I suspect that they can be considered private labels.

3. 49stude63

49stude63 Registered User

Mar 21, 2009
    Male
    Technical manager
    Michigan
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    In all honesty even for Elgin I have not seen much in the way of ads directed toward the Trolley market, Elgin offered a few grades such as the grade 342 or 466 that were lever sets adj4p. The grade 342 was produced in low numbers (5000 ranged from adj3p to adj4p) from 1905-1916 and the grade 466 (31,000 all adj4p) from 1918-1921.
    Some of that could be the watch brands did not see an economic reason to invest heavily in the Trolley market in terms of ads or as railroad watch collectors most of the trolley watch ads were passed over for ones more connected to railroad grade watches.