• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

If you had the time, money and energy ……..

butlercreek

Mar 8, 2007
Northwest
Country
To go to any regional (besides the national) where would you go….and why…..
im planning my travel year……2023

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
Florida Mid-Wiinter, Wilmington and York (York is way underrated IMHO). I would probably add Sundials in Arizona and San Diego especially if you live on the west coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhett Lucke

NAWCC Member
Sep 16, 2008
Florida Mid-Wiinter, Wilmington and York (York is way underrated IMHO). I would probably add Sundials in Arizona and San Diego especially if you live on the west coast.
Completely agree with John , Wilmington and York are the two best in what I consider the northern part of the country. The really great ones of Midwest (Chicago area) and Dearborn (Mich.) have gone the way of the Dodo Bird. There is a glimmer of hope for the return of the Midwest, I hope it happens. John and I have many fond memories of those and the Mid- America in Ft. Wayne In. At one time I was doing 12 regionals and the National every year. With some of the lost shows I am down somewhat from that ,but still do many.

butlercreek

Mar 8, 2007
Northwest
Country
My only experience with regionals is the Puget sound / Portland regional and honestly it’s kinda small, I’m hoping the regionals you guys speak of or a little better? I would hate to travel 2/3rds of the way across the US regional like Puget sound……

Reactions: John Cote

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
My only experience with regionals is the Puget sound / Portland regional and honestly it’s kinda small, I’m hoping the regionals you guys speak of or a little better? I would hate to travel 2/3rds of the way across the US regional like Puget sound……
It is sad that the regionals on the West Coast have mostly petered out. Del Mar has switched to a new venue in San Diego and will be held at the end of January. I am going to go. The local people really want this to succeed and are working hard.

I have had several discussions with chapter officials from SoCal up to Washington state and they all say venues have gone up in price and that interest is fading. On this "interest fading" thing, I talk to a lot of people who say the NAWCC National doesn't do much out on the West Coast and want to have more activity. I think there is a lot of interest but "The National" can't do much in any local area. I do think we need to consider having our National meeting out west but to do that, local people have to take the initiative. We can lend support in many ways but as for all NAWCC events, the initiative has to be local.

Reactions: 179

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lpgp
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent