Identify 'Private Label' Swiss Pocket Watch Movement

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by timeless1, May 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. timeless1

timeless1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi,
    I would very much appreciate any help in identifying the MANUFACTURER of this 'Private Label' Swiss pocket watch movement. The name on the dial and rear of the movement is "C. A. SWANSON & CO.". The writing on the rear of the movement is "C. A. SWANSON & CO., WEST SUPERIOR, WIS., ADJUSTED, 17 JEWELS, 1078249, SWISS". The movement measures 44.65mm diameter, it is lever set, has gold balance screws, 17 jewels, winds at the 3 o'clock position and has a 'cam' style regulator.

Hmt3z%cfRiyF1gcGqPvMXw_thumb_31b7.jpg Nwoj4T48RUeU9RLdL3WIVg_thumb_31b8.jpg rtyt2pm9TBO8U3jevgRbtg_thumb_31b5.jpg sF0qaxpTT+CuSGeaSX4AAA_thumb_31b6.jpg

2. eri231

eri231 Registered User

Jan 13, 2012
    Male
    torino italy
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Longines around 1900 year
    regards enrico

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very nice Longines pocket, would have been used for railway service.

4. timeless1

timeless1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you Enrico and Kevin for your answers, they are very much appreciated!
    Kevin, I forgot to add in the description that the movement is wound at the 3 o'clock position; do I am presume correctly that none of the railroad service / grade watches are wound at the 3 o'clock position (or are there exceptions)??