Identifing this Vienna Regulator - HELP!

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Barnacle_boy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Barnacle_boy

Barnacle_boy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Manufacturing
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hey fellow members, I am looking for some help. I have had this beast for some time (no pun intended) and have very much enjoyed its reliability and accuracy. Since I have cleaned and oiled the movement and replaced the weight cord, it had taken very little adjustment to get into beat and time adjusted. But I forgot about the label on the back of the case and would like to identify it. There are no markings on the movement other than numbers. But on the case is a label that reads" GALWELL, Wilmersdorf Kaiserplatz.10." See pictures and let me know if you have some suggestions on the maker.
    Thanks once again for all of your help!

2. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    The label on the back is that of the retailer or repairer. Wilmersdorf is a district in Berlin. I do not think this label is contemporary with the clock - it is more modern.

It is very difficult to identify these unmarked Vienna style movements, which were made in their hundreds, even thousands.

JTD

JTD

3. Steve Murphy

Steve Murphy Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Sierra Madre, Calif.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very nice clock, I have a couple of Vienna's that are unmarked.