identification of Pocket watch

lperzy

Dec 27, 2000
I have recently become a owner of a watch that was practally given to me (less than $500.00) and am trying to find out some backgroung history. The watch is a 42mm LeCoultre and co. minute repeater in an 18k gold case. the number #2390 is found on the movement, case. It also appears on the inner dust cover as follows No, 2390 with the name of Ed Perregaux Locle. On the back of the dial is written J Wyss, Chaux De Fonds. I cann't seem to find any info on this guy? What does all this mean??

lperzy

Dec 27, 2000
I have recently become a owner of a watch that was practally given to me (less than $500.00) and am trying to find out some backgroung history. The watch is a 42mm LeCoultre and co. minute repeater in an 18k gold case. the number #2390 is found on the movement, case. It also appears on the inner dust cover as follows No, 2390 with the name of Ed Perregaux Locle. On the back of the dial is written J Wyss, Chaux De Fonds. I cann't seem to find any info on this guy? What does all this mean??

J

Jacke Chilson

Le Coultre & co have been making watches since 1833. Sounds like you have a fine example to further idetify the watch you need to get a photo or scan also the type of case open face or hunter case if you can do that I am certain some one will give you a lot more information on it.

lperzy

Dec 27, 2000
I was just wondering if anyone had any comments. I didn't see any replys and thought
it was forgotten?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justincasejustintime
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller