Identification Demi-Chronometre Secondes Indépendantes

Discussion in 'Complicated Watches' started by michael-35, Jul 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. michael-35

michael-35 Registered User

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi everyone,
    can someone help me to recognize the manufacture of this deadbeat seconds independent pocket watch?

Thanks

61-5.jpg

2. Ethan Lipsig

Ethan Lipsig Registered User
    NAWCC Gold Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Pasadena
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have two tandem wind seconde morts that are similar to yours. One is by Louis Audemars. The other has a somewhat different movement. It is signed by Perrenoud, but I haven't identified its maker. I don't think it was Louis Audemars. See C.J & A. Perrenoud Foudroyante Seconde Mort, or Is It Really a Louis Audemars?.

You watch's movement is somewhat different from both of mine, but I am pretty sure it is a Louis Audemars. I found a nearly identical movement in the Zantke monograph on Louis Audemars. Your movement has slightly different winding wheels and there are a few other minor differences, but the two movements are very similar.

Scan l0001.jpg

michael-35 likes this.
  3. michael-35

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thank so much for your help. The scan you attached it's very close to that one. As you say it's possible mine is later due the design of the ratchet/winding wheels?
    I'm gona to read the other post too, I'm curious.

Thanks again!

4. michael-35

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I've bought the book about Louis Audemars. Very usefull read.

Thank you.