Identification Demi-Chronometre Secondes Indépendantes

Discussion in 'Complicated Watches' started by michael-35, Jul 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. michael-35

michael-35 Registered User

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi everyone,
    can someone help me to recognize the manufacture of this deadbeat seconds independent pocket watch?

Thanks

61-5.jpg

2. Ethan Lipsig

Ethan Lipsig Registered User
    NAWCC Gold Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Male
    80% Retired Attorney
    Pasadena
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have two tandem wind seconde morts that are similar to yours. One is by Louis Audemars. The other has a somewhat different movement. It is signed by Perrenoud, but I haven't identified its maker. I don't think it was Louis Audemars. See C.J & A. Perrenoud Foudroyante Seconde Mort, or Is It Really a Louis Audemars?.

You watch's movement is somewhat different from both of mine, but I am pretty sure it is a Louis Audemars. I found a nearly identical movement in the Zantke monograph on Louis Audemars. Your movement has slightly different winding wheels and there are a few other minor differences, but the two movements are very similar.

Scan l0001.jpg

michael-35 likes this.
  3. michael-35

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thank so much for your help. The scan you attached it's very close to that one. As you say it's possible mine is later due the design of the ratchet/winding wheels?
    I'm gona to read the other post too, I'm curious.

Thanks again!

4. michael-35

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I've bought the book about Louis Audemars. Very usefull read.

Thank you.