• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Identification - Alleged 1958 Omega Seamaster 470 cal 17 jewels

darkmagnuz

Nov 10, 2022
Country
Hello! Bought this watch recently and I want to verify as to its authenticity. It is a rare black face but having a hard time looking for a similar one to authenticate or verify. The complications in the watch are similar to others produced in 1958 but I have not seen an exact same one yet.

GridArt_20221110_185751554.jpg

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
Hello! Bought this watch recently and I want to verify as to its authenticity. It is a rare black face but having a hard time looking for a similar one to authenticate or verify. The complications in the watch are similar to others produced in 1958 but I have not seen an exact same one yet.
I believe all of the parts and pieces are genuine and the watch may even have come from the factory, except for the crown, the way it is now....but I would say that there is a good chance that it is a watch put together by a watch maker from a conglomeration of parts.