ID on a Swiss movement

Buffomarinus

Mar 7, 2020
Far North Queensland, Australia
Country
G'Day,

A mate just asked if I could identify and repair a pocket watch he picked up at a local market.

The movement in question is of Swiss origin, size ~16s and has 16 jewels. As can be seen in the photos below it is labelled "Royal Lever" and has a very unique (unique to me) regulator.

Can anyone provide information on the manufacturer and possible production date?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob FNQ, Au

Movment.jpg Regulator.jpg

captainscarlet

Oct 15, 2013
Country
Region
This movement looks to be a variant of the Revue cal 30 (Gédéon Thommen) with cam disk regulator. Circa 20’s I would say.

Reactions: Bila

Bila

NAWCC Member
Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
This movement looks to be a variant of the Revue cal 30 (Gédéon Thommen) with cam disk regulator. Circa 20’s I would say.
It does very much so, but Rob (the OP) said it was 16 Size not 18 Lignes, there is a bit of difference, I would agree that it is a variant of the "Thommen" base calibre 30 as they were made with the cam disk reg.

Buffomarinus

Mar 7, 2020
Far North Queensland, Australia
Country
Many thanks for the quick responses.

Bila, Attached is a shot of the winding/setting mechanism that is under the dial.

As far as it's designated size goes, being only familiar with the Yank sizing specs, I called it a "16s." Measured around the dust ring seat it's 41.5mm. The dial flange measures at 43mm.

Rob

Winding mech.jpg

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.