• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

ID Help - Mantle and Gingerbread Clocks

testguy

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2005
Country
Region
IMG_6430 (2).jpg IMG_6431 (2).jpg IMG_6432 (2).jpg
I believe both of these clocks manufactured by Ingraham. The mantle clock is approx. 19" tall x 13" wide x 7" deep. The gingerbread is approx. 23" tall x 14-1/2" wide x 4-5/8" deep.
I'm wondering if anybody can put a date of manufacture and a name to these clocks.
Many thanks,
Brian

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The walnut is the Angora. Tran Duy Ly's book on Ingraham clocks shows it from the 1886 catalogue, though I suppose it could have been offered a few years either side of that year. The catalogue picture shows a rosette and incising on the base below the door, as well as some incising on the finial chimney above the door; yours also is missing the back two finials to match the ones in front. It is listed as 18" high, which should not be taken as inconsistent with your measurement. All in all, a nice looking clock, not often found.

The oak appears to be the Arctic, from the Ocean Line. It is shown in Tran from the 1915 catalogue, though with somewhat different columns and a somewhat different, plainer door, albeit rectangular. I sometimes think that Ingraham liked to fool around with our minds. The movement of this clock may carry a date code on the front plate, month on the left of the hand shaft, year on the right. (That date code would not be on the Angora, which might, instead, show patent dates in 1878 and 1879.)

testguy

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2005
Country
Region
Steven,
Thanks for the info.
Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member