I woke up in the doghouse this morning!

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Bill Stuntz, Feb 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My wife woke me up this morning with a "Happy Unniversary" kiss. Who in their right mind celebrates their 7-1/4[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary? :screwball: She seems to think we should celebrate even though we don't even HAVE an Anniversary this year. I think we should wait until 2/29/2020. :D

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    I'm leery of getting involved in the politics of your relationship, particularly at the stage of the seven year itch.

Females tend to need reassurance more often than males. You have possibly another fifty or sixty anniversarys to celebrate if you just go along with such as this.

3. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    At 69, trying to scratch any hypothetical seven year itch is somewhat unrealistic. :whistle: I hope I have another little blue pill for tonight.

4. THTanner

THTanner Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Carson City, Nevada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Perhaps her 'clock' is ticking faster than you realize.

5. roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Tweak the regulator a bit?

6. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nah! We joke about this every year. I think I should only be required to remember once every 4 years. SHE (who MUST be obeyed) thinks that since we were married the day after Feb 28[SUP]th[/SUP] AND the day before March 1[SUP]st[/SUP], we should celebrate TWICE during "Unniversary" years. Guess who wins THAT "argument" :rolleyes:

Even crazier: My ex-wife performed our marriage ceremony - which was also attended by my ex-Mother-in Law. And when my Ex remarried, my wife baked their wedding cake.

7. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #7 Bill Stuntz, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Well, I guess she still loves me.
    Dinner tonight was Ecargot, Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, fresh Green Beans, Hash browns, and a Carmelized Apple Tart. Plate.jpg Table.jpg
    The Red Velvet Chocolate Chip bundt cake with "I LOVE YOU" candles on the table was my peace offereing. With an an expensive (for us) bottle of a superb 2000 Late Harvest Reisling from our favorite winemaker. We've been visiting Markko Vineyard in Conneaut, OH for nearly our entire marriage. If Arnie's ever made a wine we wouldn't like, we've never found it. And never expect to. If we didn't love his wines so much, I'd hate to think about how much money we've "wasted" on his wines at $20-$80 per bottle. Going there is almost like going home.

I'm not sure whether it was the cake, the wine, or the ring I "allowed" her to buy last week that was my salvation.
    Ring.jpg Now "The Queen of Everything" has her crown with her a all times. I'm the King of What's Left.

8. roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Perhaps you should roll the shank of the ring to make it a tad larger? Do it without telling her and she'll think she's lost weight, cake or no cake.

9. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your wife clearly knows the way to your heart, Bill! What did SHE get? :)

10. MartinM

MartinM Registered User
    Donor

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Would that mean the Rhine or Pfalz regions? California?
    How's his Gewürztraminer?

11. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    You're playing with fire.... Beware the doghouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts

Ralph

12. tkmc37

tkmc37 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 26, 2017
    Government Slave
    Wichita Falls Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice..... Rumple of the Bailey.... Still laughing

13. PWfanatik

PWfanatik Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Building trades Project Manager
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    "Girl time" and "Guy time" definitely run at different rates...
    Rarely had a girlfriend in younger days who did not want to celebrate after a month together.
    But there are lists of appropriate gifts for every years anniversary of marriage Paper being the first years gift.
    But an anniversary in the middle of the year is kinda:screwball:
    Did she burn a roast?
    Good luck!
    Dave.

14. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nutjob I'm out of the doghouse now! I took her up to the eastern shore of Lake Michigan for a long weekend - Thursday through Sunday. 5+ hours driving each way. B&B. Fireplace & hot tub IN our room. Miracle of miracles: she slept until 9am EACH morning. Indoor pool - too bad it had been drained for maintenance. Visited 8 wineries & a Cider mill. Dinners at 2 GREAT restaurants. Brought home 3+ cases of wine & 3 different kinds of hard cider. And I didn't even try to go clocking. We left our 16y/o grandson at home alone. NO KIDS!!!!!!!!! It's the longest we've ever been kidless during the entire time we've been married. She's had live-in kids/grandkids for 39 straight years. 4 of hers, 2 of mine, & we've brought up 4 grandkids.

15. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    LOL! I still have a god-awful looking green wine server with a indentation in the side for ice to keep the wine chilled without contaminating it. I bought it (apparently) several years ago while touring wineries out East. I believe they lead you into the gift shop and wine purchasing shop AFTER the generous samples have been served, for a reason!! :excited:

16. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We almost always find at least 1 wine we're willing to buy at the small Mom&Pop wineries we love to visit. And when we open one with dinner or around a campfire... "Remember when we went..." But it's VERY unusual for us to buy THAT much. One of the wineries suckered us in with a 35% off a full case Easter weekend special after letting us taste 17 different wines! :D We tasted a LOT of very nice wines, and I don't think we bought more than 2 bottles of any of them. We were VERY impressed by the Lake michigan wines. I also HIGHLY recommend Lake Erie wines from Ohio - and that's NOT just prejudice because we live in Ohio. Then again, considering the rivalry between Ohio State & Michigan, I should probably recommend AGAINST their wines. But I just can't make myself do it. They're just too good.

17. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    We have many wineries where I live, some within 5-6 miles(we even have
    the oldest winery in the United States in the next town), but
    most of the wine I've tried has not been good enough for me
    to buy a case. We buy a bottle to be nice. Wine tasting is fun though.

rob

18. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #18 Bill Stuntz, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Same here. If we don't particularly like any of their wines, we'll at least buy something sweet or semi-sweet to give to friends who DO like sweet wines. Or once in a while we'll open a bottle of a sweet wine as dessert. That's Ice Wine's usual fate at our house.
    The only time we've ever bought a full case of any wine was a case of Saint-Hillaire Brut for $10 per bottle. The $150 bottle of Dom Perignon I bought for our anniversary one year was NOT worth $140 more than the Saint-Hillaire!

P.S. The only other time we've spent $150 for a bottle of wine was a 5 liter bottle of Markko Vineyard 1991 Reserve Chardonnay. It lasted almost 2 hours at our family Christmas gathering. My wife has 7 siblings, and they were all there with spouses.