I love omegas

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Tom Huber, Mar 4, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom Huber

Tom Huber Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 9, 2000
    Male
    Track & cross Country Coach
    Indiana PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Jesse, I also have an Omega which I wear frequently for a dress watch. It is round, 32mm diameter, automatic, green-gold filled with a gold dial. It also has the date which is quick set. The band is a link band which is integral to the watch. It was in like new condition when I bought it at a yard sale about 10 years ago for $1. It keeps perfect time, and need not be reset when worn over a 10 day period. I have never had the watch serviced. So, needless to say, it is a favorite. Tom

2. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tom,

You bought it at a yard sale for $1.00? I'd even pay $ 1.56 Canadian for that one! Do you remember the address?

Regards,
    Doug S.

------------------

3. Tom Huber

Tom Huber Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 9, 2000
    Male
    Track & cross Country Coach
    Indiana PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Doug, I bought the watch at a sale outside of Erie, PA. If you've ever done yard sales, you know that there are "professional yard sales" and there "one time" yard sales. I guess one can tell by the signs and the way it is set up. This was a "one time" yard sale. It looked like a group of 2-3 neighbors set up in one front yard. I found the watch in with a box of kitchen items, believe it or not. Usually watches are in with the costume jewelry.

I have found a number of nice watches at yard sales over the years although they are getting more scarce. About 25 years ago, I let many wristwatches lie on the table because of my lack of interest--only interested in pocket watches at the time. I know I probably passed on some really nice ones. Some of the ones that I can remember getting at yard sales are: 7 solid gold Hamiltons, two solid gold Gruens, 4 military wristwatches, one Vacheron, many other no-name ww's and pocket watches too numerous to count. I think the most that I ever paid was $3.00 for the V-C.

I never fail to stop at a yard sale. Used to drive my ex-wife up the fence. Although, she never complained when I would give her a solid gold ww to wear. She took with her when she left 15 solid gold and 2 platinim ww that I had given her. Actually a cheap price for her to leave. Tom