I inherited my mother-in-law's clock

Cindy Deaver

Dec 23, 2017
Country
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this clock, it still chimes...but doesn't have the glass facing

IMG_20171223_155042.jpg IMG_20171223_155056.jpg

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
hmm... i think we need a better closeup of the dial (more in focus)... also, is there any way to see in the sides? is there a back panel that comes off and exposes the movement? we need to see behind the curtain (dial)... if there's a way to get photos of the movement that would be a big help in identifying what you have.

also, the glass can be replaced... a photos of the inside of the bezel that shows any clips that might have held the glass in place would help.

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Wuersch was a clock builder (note I didn't say "maker" as he did not make his own movements) in Fall River in the 60's through the early 80's. He used Hermle clock movements and built his own style cases. As I understand it, he came to the US and started his business, but later closed for failure to pay taxes. The finish on the case looks like stain with no varnish, which indicates either it was refinished or someone else may have built it and used a leftover Wuersch dial.

Dave T

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2011
NC
Country
Region
Here ya go, You're right Chris. It's very clear in my file, but doesn't translate here quite as good. But it definitely is Wuersch.
Wuersch clock dial.jpg

ragobo

Apr 14, 2015
Barcelona
Country
Region
No idea if the case is original or not, although I'd tend to think it should be. It looks gorgeous with its Christmas decorations :)

A pity about the front glass, but with patience I think you could end finding a replacement. The chimes must be nice to hear too.

Reactions: Cindy Deaver

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Shouldn't be difficult to get replacement glass, either flat or convex. Flat glass could be cut to size by any local glazier, convex glass is available from the usual clock material suppliers.

However, it is not clear (to me) from your pictures as to whether the bezel is still there or if it has broken off at the hinge. Even if it has, that could also be replaced,

JTD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javalink
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller