I don't know how to take off these hands (I am new)

watch commodity

May 14, 2018
Country
I dowt know where the last one came from but here you go:)

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
4 The retaining nut. I have looked for it and I can't seem to find it. It is nowhere on the shaft that goes to the hour and minute hands. Also it is neither underneath the hands nor between them. I have provide some more pictures. The first two are two different angles of the main shaft and the next three are different angles of the shaft that holds the hands on the other side of the face of the clock. The remaining ones are zoom in photos of the first 3

If the retaining nut is there, it is on top of the hands. When the hands are put onto the hand shaft, the hour hand, goes on first (it is a friction fit on the shaft), then the minute hand goes on top of the hour hand and finally the two hands are fixed by a nut which is screwed down on the hands. If this retaining nut is there, you will find it on top of the hands, not below, sideways or anywhere else. I believe I can see the domed nut that is keeping the hands in place, but I may be mistaken.

Hope this helps.

JTD

watch commodity

May 14, 2018
Country
If the retaining nut is there, it is on top of the hands. When the hands are put onto the hand shaft, the hour hand, goes on first (it is a friction fit on the shaft), then the minute hand goes on top of the hour hand and finally the two hands are fixed by a nut which is screwed down on the hands. If this retaining nut is there, you will find it on top of the hands, not below, sideways or anywhere else. I believe I can see the domed nut that is keeping the hands in place, but I may be mistaken.

Hope this helps.

JTD
It does
just letting you know that the hour hand is beneath the minute hand. The main question I have is how do you take off a domed nut? Their is no grooves for a flat head or any other type of of drive. Also there is no side slots for me to put a combo wrench or anything like that. If you can please tell me how I would go about taking off the domed nut that would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javalink
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller