I am asking for help in identifying a large pocket watch

motoolo

Mar 8, 2021
Country
Does anyone know what this producer is?
Which year of production?
No signatures and names, only repair dates.
Outer diameter 80mm
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

svenedin

NAWCC Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Country
Region
It’s a Swiss movement. I recognise it but I cannot remember who made it. Somebody on here will tell you for sure. I notice it appears to be missing one or two screws on the ratchet wheel (or they are sheared off). Can’t tell for sure from the photo but you might want to check that as I see it is running.

Reactions: motoolo

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,
It is a big "Goliath" regulator from the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century. The case is made of argentan (alloy of nickel and copper or zinc) punch Japy in Beaucourt if I distinguish well, in the movement the dial keys are missing and the spiral is very deteriorated and for the dial, no comment.
What is the diameter of this pocket watch ?

Amicalement GG

Reactions: motoolo

svenedin

NAWCC Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Country
Region
Hi,
It is a big "Goliath" regulator from the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century. The case is made of argentan (alloy of nickel and copper or zinc) punch Japy in Beaucourt if I distinguish well, in the movement the dial keys are missing and the spiral is very deteriorated and for the dial, no comment.
What is the diameter of this pocket watch ?

Amicalement GG
Yes hairspring is a complete mess, dial not secured to movement, missing/broken screws on ratchet wheel and hands wrong size, second hand missing,

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Yes hairspring is a complete mess, dial not secured to movement, missing/broken screws on ratchet wheel and hands wrong size, second hand missing,
There is no lack of screws on the ratchet, it is a large washer with two holes to unscrew it.

Amicalement GG

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
It's a very nice piece ! Classified in Goliath watches, I personally have two of them.
Finding a dial is not an impossible mission but you will have to modify the dial feet.

Amicalement GG

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
The casemaker trademark is FPF Pierre and Etienne Frainier of Morteau France
Merci Enrico je ne voyais pas très bien !

Amicalement GG

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Is one of those from a motor car Agemo?
No it comes from a railway or bus company in the south of France. But I didn't really do any research.

Amicalement GG

svenedin

NAWCC Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Country
Region
No it comes from a railway or bus company in the south of France. But I didn't really do any research.

Amicalement GG
Interesting. The 8 day Goliath, how does it contain such a big spring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ridanovic
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff