Hubert-Herr cuckoo bushings

Benedict Golecki

Jan 6, 2021
Hello,
I’m new to the form so if I’m not doing things correctly let know.
I have the Hubert-Herr apart and several bushings are egg shaped. How do you know what bushings to get? Are there any books about replacing bushings? Also my computer skills are somewhat lacking.
Any help, ideas would be appreciated.

murphyfields

Jun 24, 2020
Westminster, CO
Country
Region
In general, you will get much more help with pictures. If your computer skills are good enough to find these forums, they are good enough to post a picture. And if you have problems, we can help.

Have you ever done anything with clocks before? Are you mechanically inclined. Lets work to get some pictures up, and the help will follow. People here are fantastic.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
This area (the link takes you to the top of the forum - helpful hints) has lots of information you can browse through. Spend some time reading, and then if you have specific questions give us a shout.

Robert Horneman

Jul 6, 2017
Country
Hello,
I’m new to the form so if I’m not doing things correctly let know.
I have the Hubert-Herr apart and several bushings are egg shaped. How do you know what bushings to get? Are there any books about replacing bushings? Also my computer skills are somewhat lacking.
Any help, ideas would be appreciated.
You Tube is loaded with videos on how to replace bushings.Timesavers is an excellent company to buy supplies.

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
How do you know what bushings to get?
Hello Benedict,
Using calipers, you need to measure the pivot diameter after its been filed/burnished, the outside diameter of the reamer used to cut the hole for the new bush and the plate thickness. You will need to select a system first (either Bergeon or KWM). You can then purchase and match your bushes to your reamer that you need. You will also need a handle to hold the reamer. Some of the suppliers listed on this site may have a helpful chart of the different sizes to make your selection easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akrampe64
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff