Huber Uhren 400 day clock

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by Tom&Bonnie, Sep 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom&Bonnie

Tom&Bonnie Registered User

Sep 1, 2018
    Country Flag:
    Bought this clock recently. Think it would have had a disc pendulum. It has a round movement. Any one know what pendulum it may have used

IMG_1650.JPG

2. etmb61

etmb61 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Retired Avionics Technician
    Mascoutah, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I think what you have is probably correct. I don't think Huber made any round plate movements, but Kienzle did with front winding, and that is a Kienzle ball pendulum.

Is the clock actually marked "Huber Uhren"?

Eric

3. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The pendulum will be correct for the clock if the serial number is above 140000, clocks made after Kienzle introduced pendulum No. 33 in December 1915. If the serial number is below this number, the pendulum would likely have been a Kienzle disc pendulum. Kienzle made round plate movements for Andreas Huber and stamped them with the Huber Uhren logo, as shown in Plate 1251A in the Repair Guide.

4. Tom&Bonnie

Sep 1, 2018
    Country Flag:
    Thank you for any information. I am new to the post and may be doing it wrong. The clock is very interesting to me, different. It is plate 1251A., but looks like plate # 1574F. Kienzle clock factories. Where the eccentric nut is. The kienzle pendulum has a extension piece, hooks on top of the pendulum. The front of the movement has the pivot for the anchor that has 2 screws that hold it in, like Kienzle.

IMG_1652.JPG

5. Kamil Urbanowicz

Kamil Urbanowicz Registered User

Aug 17, 2010
    Its evidently an Kienzle movement with proper pendulum

6. Tom&Bonnie

Sep 1, 2018
    Country Flag:
    Thank you John
    Wow you know a lot about these clocks. Then this movement used the same serial numbers as Kienzle I guess. The book 10 edition just says maker unknown. Nice to know the clock has its original pendulum.

7. etmb61

etmb61 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Mascoutah, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The repair guide has lots of errors and omissions. Many of the unknown plates have been identified since 1991. Also a large number of the older plates were attributed to the wrong makers. Some of the errors have only recently been sorted out. The most recent and accurate information is posted in various places on this message board. It's kind of piecemeal but every time new info comes to light I just mark up my repair guide.

Eric

8. Tom&Bonnie

Sep 1, 2018
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Eric, maybe that's why a .0040 suspension spring did not work on my Gustav Becker. It ran slow
    Tom

9. etmb61

etmb61 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Mascoutah, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tom,
    Disc pendulums were often modified by adding or removing weight, so stating a certain springs size for each is hit or miss. I've pulled some strange stuff out of disc pendulums.

Eric