Howard pocket watch question

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by ralph1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ralph1

ralph1 Registered User

Mar 14, 2015
    retired
    Country Flag:
    #1 ralph1, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    I have 3 i think are later 17 jewel south bend 063.jpg 063.jpg pocket watches. They need to be taken apart and cleaned,I was able to get them running (very gummed up). The question's !. there is a screw with an arrow pointing to one direction on the winding bridge I assume it's for mainspring let down?? 2.also I have an Howard with low s#
    does this pocket watch need a special winding stem? (long stem) I see the older movements have a stem that is sold with the movement. I don't see them being sold separately.
    (one is a 9 jewel left, the other 2 are 17 jewel)
    I want to ask questions before venturing into the unknown.
    Thanks for your comments

2. sabphd

sabphd Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 11, 2000
    10S and 12S Keystone-Howard movements require a stem. 16S watches are pendant or lever set with the stem held in the case by a sleeve.