• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

$ Howard Pocket Watch - Inquiry re: Provenence

lukes1014

Jan 19, 2021
Country
Hello:
I inherited a lovely Howard pocket watch. By its serial number I understand it to be WW1 era.
Based on the photos and below information inscribed on the inside, wondering if someone can tell me (anything) about what I have; Possibly its value.
Note: It winds and runs.
Thank you,
Chris

E. Howard Watch Co.
Boston USA
'3 Pos.'
'17 Jewels'
'Pat D 12'
'Temperature'
Serial # 1394682 howard1.jpg howard2.jpg howard3.jpg howard4.jpg howard1.jpg howard2.jpg howard3.jpg howard4.jpg

Reactions: viclip

lukes1014

Jan 19, 2021
Country
Hi - The watch has been in my family for a century so, I know all about the previous owner(s)!
Wondering if you can tell me (anything at all) about the watch itself. I haven't seen any with this particular (art deco?) design.
It would be nice to know if there is anything special or unique about it, possibly its estimated value for insurance purposes.
Appreciate the response!
Chris

Jerry Treiman

NAWCC Member
Golden Circle
Aug 25, 2000
Los Angeles, CA
Country
Region
I cannot find your watch in any catalog reproductions that I have, but based on the case style and dial I think it must be a fairly late product -- after 1926 but before their closure around 1930. I have a smaller model in a different case, but a similar dial.
10size_f2.jpg

lukes1014

Jan 19, 2021
Country
Do you mean information on the previous owner of the watch or the watch itself? For the previous owner info, I'd love to help out, if you could provide some more info about them. As for the watch this would be a great start. Pocket Watch Database: Information for American Pocket Watches
Hi - The watch has been in my family for a century so, I know all about the previous owner(s)!
Wondering if you can tell me (anything at all) about the watch itself. I haven't seen any with this particular (art deco?) design.
It would be nice to know if there is anything special or unique about it, possibly its estimated value for insurance purposes.
Appreciate the response!
Chris

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
possibly its estimated value for insurance purposes.
I've added the value tag to your thread hopefully you will get
some estimates from the members.

Rob

Jerry Treiman

NAWCC Member
Golden Circle
Aug 25, 2000
Los Angeles, CA
Country
Region
Thank you - This page shows my serial# ( 1394682 ) falling in the 1915-1917 band.
Research published in our Bulletin by Selman Berger (December 1998) documents that your watch is the “Tuscan” style of Howard 12-size watch and it was the last 12-size model produced (mid to late 1920s). The web site you used is not correct for this watch.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael.winstock@btintern
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.