Howard Miller "Galleria" wall clock

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Rob P., Jan 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob P.

Rob P. Registered User

Dec 19, 2011
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The Niece brought home a honking HUGE Howard Miller Galleria wall clock. It's 40" across and weighs a ton. no wonder the previous owner gave it to her. Well, that and it doesn't run. I know it's electric because it has a cord but I have no idea what motor is in there. I'll probably know more once I get my hot & grubbies on it, but for preliminary research, anyone know what drives it? Any pictures would be great so I'll know how much trouble this thing is going to be besides getting it off the wall again. Seriously, the information on it says it weighs 40 lbs!

The Niece doesn't know it yet but I'M not the one who's going to fix it. And, when she's done with this one, I have a couple of Waterbury's and a few Session's that need attention too. *insert evil laugh here*

2. Rob P.

Rob P. Registered User

Dec 19, 2011
    California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    After some searching, it looks like it uses a synchron motor. I won't know for sure until it's apart, but if so, that's an easy fix.