Help how to post parts wanted

Discussion in 'Forums Help & Notices' started by Gay Laster, Dec 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gay Laster

Gay Laster Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I am not sure what is going on with the prefix , no mater what I select ,I get a no match. After completing my message on what I am looking for, I try to Post and I get a notice that I have to have at least one Tag. I do not know what that means or where I find them. Help

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow Sponsor NAWCC Diamond Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm having a similar problem. I get an error message no matter what I do.

Frank

3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I will guess you are trying to use this forum Parts Wanted

There are only 3 prefixes assigned to that forum. They are clock, torsion and watch. You must pick one of those from the drop down list.

In testing the behavior, I discovered that the prefix requirement had been removed and the requirement to use a tag was added. I am old enough that I could have done that and forgotten, but I have now put it back to what I intended.

The idea is to combine several parts wanted areas into one forum with the ability to view a subset of the requests by selecting the prefix. For that to work you need to assign a prefix when you post the request. I also just added a help prefix for those situations where the person does not know what they want.