How to post a new thread

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by mardigrasvet, Jul 19, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mardigrasvet

mardigrasvet Registered User

Jul 19, 2010
    hi, i just joined and cannot for the life of me figure out how to post. i inherited three elgin watches, one a pocket, and a gold brandt & frere. have movement and case serial numbers for all. thanks for your help. i can see all the posts but even searching the faq tells me nothing of how to start a new post.

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: Father Time and Lord Elgin Differences

When you open a forum by clicking on its name, you see a New Thread button on the upper left.

I will move these two posts to Message Board Problems and Comments where it should be posted.

3. mardigrasvet

Jul 19, 2010
    hi tom,

tried it again and see nothing. use opera but went to ie and still could not find anything in the upper left that would indicate i could post a new thread. searched for your words carefully and just cannot see anything.

thanks for your help on this.

tom

4. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Tom, welcome to the message board. Seems to me you have started a new thread with your postings on this forum. Do the other forums not show the same as this one when opened?

5. mardigrasvet

Jul 19, 2010
    hi harold,

i think tom rearranged my original post so that it ended up where it should be and this thread was started by him and not me. i still cannot see anything that says new thread. your site is very similar to helponthe.net so i am used to seeing things. all i can do is reply to a post; cannot start a new one.

thanks for your help.

tom

6. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ok, you've found "post reply", so that works for you. After you read my message, click on the main message board, where it says "National Association Of Watch and Clock Collectors Message Board".
    This takes you to the main list of forums. Click on the forum you wish to start a thread in. Then look for "New Thread" button, where you found "post reply" button.

7. mardigrasvet

Jul 19, 2010
    hi harold,

many thanks for your precise instructions. followed them and presto! found the button for a new post.

cheers!

tom

8. Damond Dawson

Damond Dawson New Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Is anybody out there? I cannot figure out how to contact anyone. I would like to respond to the gentlemanlooking for finials for the Junghans clock, as I think I have them. I also need info about my junghans regulator. Can anyone help? Damond Dawson 352-350-2185

9. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Damond, welcome to the message board. To correspond with a member, click on his name, and in the dropdown menu you will find "send a private message". Click on this to correspond with a member.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Registered User

Aug 23, 2019
    Male
    Retired Forester USFS and residential builder
    Arizona
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just joined this forum and am having the devil of a time trying to start a thread. Could someone out there help me. I inherited a Mauthe grandfather clock and would like to share ssome pictures, discuss my restoration and ask a few questions. Thanks. Bob

11. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome Bob,
    You would need to go to the Clock forums and post as you did here.
    You may not see them unless you go to the opening page of the Message Board.
    Thanks

12. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Bob, and welcome to the forum,

If you go to the main Forums page and select the particular forum where you wish to start a thread, (either under Clocks or Clock Repair perhaps), you'll see at top right the 'Post New Thread' button for that forum, and away you go.

Regards,

Graham

13. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For the pictures, press the "FROM PC" link at the bottom of the message box where you type. That will allow you to upload from your computer.

14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Registered User

Aug 23, 2019
    Male
    Retired Forester USFS and residential builder
    Arizona
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks..…..all of you. What a great site. I may become clock knowledgeable yet. Bob