Help How to delete an unposted thread

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Jeremy Woodoff, Feb 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeremy Woodoff

Jeremy Woodoff Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I started to compose a new thread, and as usual got completely tied up with the picture posting process. I wanted to delete the unposted thread and start over, but no matter what I do--deleting the text and pictures, closing the NAWCC tab, etc--when I come back and click the "post new thread" button, my old, unfinished post appears. How can I get rid of it?

And, I see that I have a typo in the title of this thread, but the edit button doesn't allow me to change that. Why not?

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Did you post the new thread and then try to edit it? I am trying to track down the permissions and you seem to have the ability to edit both the thread contents and the title within 30 minutes of posting.

The thread title is edited by clicking on the Thread Tools link at the top of the thread. That may be a bit confusing, but the title belongs to all the posts so there is no edit function for it when editing a post, even if it is the first one.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    In an unposted thread, you can highlight the text and delete, or put your cursor at the end of the sentence and backspace to clear it.

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Once you have posted a thread, you may not delete it. This policy is to prevent trolling which has been a problem in the past. If you want the thread deleted, you can use the report function and ask that it be deleted. A simple please delete will be fine and the first supermoderator who sees the request will delete the thread for you.