How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by Weight Driven, Nov 29, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Weight Driven

Weight Driven Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 24, 2004
    I've had a reverse painting project at a prominent restorer since the summer. How long do these things usually take?

2. jacks61fd

jacks61fd Registered User

Jul 2, 2002
    Retired Police officer
    Ocala Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You have to wait till its done. As I understand it these painters have to apply an area or design and allow it to dry befor proceeding further, also to cut down customers waiting time they work on several different glasses at one time. The part of your glass being worked on may take a short time and while that is put aside to dry, the next glass he or she works on may involve hours or days before it gets to the point of letting it dry. I have waited months for a job but if you are using one of the top people you will be very happy with the results. YOU CAN'T RUSH THESE PEOPLE, THEIR ARTIST.

3. Weight Driven

Weight Driven Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 24, 2004
    ok, sounds good. Thanks for the encouragement.

4. Donald P Bellamy

Donald P Bellamy Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Railroad conductor
    Kentucky
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have a Eli Terry shelf clock measuring right at 30" tall. The door has 2 pieces of glass which got broke. Who can I find to replace the glass and paint the glass as the original? The glass appears to never had been replaced and if they were it was a super job as it looked like a hard putty that secured the glass.

5. Bob Fisher

Bob Fisher Registered User

Jul 2, 2012
    I had a pair of glasses done for a lyre banjo reproduction by Tom Moberm that were fantastic! Took about 3-4months as I recall , but was worth the wait. Last I knew , he was in Owosso Mi. I can't imagine that the original glass could have possibly been better. Bob.

6. secondarylead

secondarylead Registered User

Sep 3, 2009
    Gettsyburg, Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Hi Don,

Another reverse painting artist to consider would be Lee Davis of York, Pa. He is a prominent NAWCC member, has done work for me for years, pricing is reasonable, and I have never had a problem with the turnaround time. His e-mail address is davislee66@aol.com.

7. Donald P Bellamy

Oct 9, 2003
    Railroad conductor
    Kentucky
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have tried that email address and it keeps coming back invalid? Would there be another, thank you.

8. secondarylead

secondarylead Registered User

Sep 3, 2009
    Gettsyburg, Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
  9. Donald P Bellamy

Oct 9, 2003
    Railroad conductor
    Kentucky
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I made contact with Lee and he was more than happy to take on the job, thanks.