How do You display Your NAWCC sticker?

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by Burkhard Rasch, Apr 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    this is mine,show me Yours.The car often is a conversation starter and sooner or later the people ask:What is this NAWCC ? Hope someone will be interested one day...
    Burkhard

DSCN4801.JPG DSCN4804.JPG DSCN4803.JPG

PatH likes this.
  2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 Tom McIntyre, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    I posted a bunch of pictures of my 2014 Mini Clubman after I had wrapped the window to emulate tha Mini Van that got pulled from production. Your post inspired me to take a picture of the sticker that was not on it 5 years ago.

By the way this picture is in my mini album in the Media gallery. If you click it it goes to the picture in the album and you can see the rest of the pictures there.

3. RL

RL Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Country Flag:
    I like the looks of them--but as for the sticker--don't think I have ever had one.

4. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    They came with membership renewal. I think you can still get one if you ask Member Services. Of course communications are a bit stretched at the moment. They should be in the on-line store also.

Jane McIntyre often runs the gift shop at regional meetings we attend. I will ask to see if she can get some whenever the next meeting is.

5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What model year is your VW? Mid to late 60s?

Regards.

6. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    it was built in March 1973, therefor the number DH-VW 3 73
    Burkhard

7. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ditto here.

Uhralt

8. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not being a paid up member, of course I don't have any stickers. As I'm not really involved in clock and watch collecting as yet since all the watches and clocks I have collected thus far are comprised of those of which nobody ever returned to claim their watch or clock.
    Ostensibly I should have to keep these intact with whatever links I have left to their ownership, in case the owners ever come looking for them although the retail laws in Australia dictate that if it has been left behind by the customer for longer than three months the item then becomes the property of the business it was left with. I've got what's left of what was left behind for the past 65 years. Quite a bit of that had been cannibalised to provide parts or indeed to fill places in certain other watchmaker's collections whom may have worked in the same shop.

In some ways a couple of complimentary stickers may assist me in the furtherance of ridding myself of this huge burden of old watches and clocks and parts thereof.

9. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    These are starting to show up in the neighborhood. Probably a reaction to all the mini's on the road around here.

10. Ron Gagne

Ron Gagne New Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Who would I contact ?

11. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #11 Tom McIntyre, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    The sticker is (or was) distributed to NAWCC Members as part of their membership. I do not know at the moment if they are still available, but you would need to join the NAWCC as opposed to registering to participate on the NAWCC Message Board to receive one.

You can join the NAWCC on the main site by clicking the link to the upper right on the home page. Here is the membership options page https://nawcc.org/index.php/component/content/article/382 and this is the join page Create Account

or you can join here on the Message Board by selecting a membership option on this page https://nawcc.org/index.php/component/content/article/382