How do I set the day and date on a Benrus?

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Guy Williams, Mar 21, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Guy Williams

Guy Williams Registered User

Dec 24, 2010
    retired firmware engineer
    Los Altos, Ca
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello all,

I am working on an old Benrus day - date watch also known as an ETA 1015. I have repaired the watch and sorted it out. I have looked at the setting arrangement but it doesn't work the way I think it should. This is a nice little watch. I hope someone can lead me into to light.

Thanks,
    Guy

2. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Try this. Set the watch ahead until it shows the correct DAY. STOP! Back up to 8:00 pm and the day should back up one day. Set AHEAD until day and date BOTH change. STOP! Back up until the day backs up one day (about 8:00 pm), then set ahead until BOTH day and date change. Every time you do this sequence, you should be able to keep the watch on the correct day, advancing the DATE with each repitition. Once the correct DAY and DATE show, set the watch to the correct time, AM or PM.

3. Guy Williams

Dec 24, 2010
    Los Altos, Ca
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you Doug. It is great to have someone like you around who is willing to share a lifetime of accumulated knowledge.
    Best regards,
    Guy

4. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Guy,

Success?

5. Guy Williams

Dec 24, 2010
    Los Altos, Ca
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Doug,
    Success indeed! The seesawing back and forth between 12AM (00Hr) and about 7:30 PM (1930 Hr) advances the day; the date just jumps the returns to where it was. To advance the date one must crank through the hours to get to the correct date. However if the watch is on the bench just lift the crystal, pull out the stem then nudge the hand to the correct date.
    Guy

6. Cary Hurt

Cary Hurt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Guy,

I know I'm a bit late to this, but if this is one of the "porthole" day-date models, the date pointer should jump forward when the crown is pressed in. At least that's what mine does.

Cary

7. Watch Dave

Watch Dave New Member

Aug 13, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, to increment the date forward one day at a time press in on the crown (like a stop watch). hope that helps.