How do I mark ALL forums read?

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
Hi all,

A few days ago I could mark all forums read by clicking on the horological education button on the left of the corresponding forum. It would take me to a New page with the mark forum read icon visible. This is now missing.

David

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Looks like it has been changed or lost, happened a couple of days ago, you still can do it but you must do each section individually. A lot of clicking for what we could previously do with 2 clicks:(

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Under "Forums" in the header you will find a "New Posts". Click on that and on the page that comes up, and you will find a "Mark Forums Read" button at the top of the list. Or you can mark individual forums as read by selecting them and using the "Mark Read" button. Does that help?

Capture.PNG

John Matthews

NAWCC Member
Sep 22, 2015
France
Country
Region
A few days ago I could mark all forums read by clicking on the horological education button on the left of the corresponding forum. It would take me to a New page with the mark forum read icon visible. This is now missing.
Before the change, clicking on Horological Education, as a Member of NAWCC, opened a new page which only included HE, now the page you are taken is a page higher in the hierarchy, which has NAWCC Governance beneath it. The separate pages of HE & NG - no longer appear to be accessible as a member,

It is probably that this is related to Membership status and non-members may have access to the HE page and this may still have the mark forums read functionality. In my opinion this change is a backward step for members and the two separate pages should be reinstated for members as they were before the change. The mark forums read button, could just be added to the combined page, but I prefer to be able to look at the HE and NG sections separately.

John

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
John, that change was not by design. We are trying to get all the device specifications to generate a pleasant experience and sometimes that leads to unexpected results. Please continue to alert us when something looks out of order.

The top categories are intended to display on a separate screen when you click on their title bar.

The re-layout for this generation of the software included putting the public forums at the top with the governance and administrative ones below. The idea was to put them in "needed by the most viewers" order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellywiglesworth10@gmail.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-