How Clean Pocket watch Parts whit Elma??

nuno

May 1, 2011
Country
Hello my friends,

please i have a question,

now i clean my pocket watches whit Elma 1:9, than i wahs whit distilled water and finaly to remove the water i put in Álcool isopropílico 99.9% and dry without hair dryer.

But now, i go buy the Elma Suprol Pro, is the same ? the result is good? They say dry in 3 minutes.

The process is ELMA 1:9; DESTILER WATER; SUPROL PRO and finaly dry a hair dryer??

A elma suprol Pro is bad to jewels of balance and lever:???:

Thanks,
Nuno

s-wwwww.jpg

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
I haven't used it but I think it is a rinsing solution to be used after the parts have been cleaned in another solution e.g. Elma 9:1.

This is what the maker says:
"The cleaning solution used before is thoroughly removed and SUPROL PRO evaporates without residue."

I would not use it as a replacement for my regular cleaning solution.........

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
nuno,

I would just like to point out that the Elma Super Elite comes with a pretty detailed set of instructions, that can also be found online if you bought your second hand. The different formulations sold for use with it also come with instructions for use and handling.

Regards
Karl

nuno

May 1, 2011
Country
Hello my friend's thanks the information.

And is safe if I put the balance and Spiral in Elma 1:9 to clean and than in suprol pro?

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
Hello my friend's thanks the information.

And is safe if I put the balance and Spiral in Elma 1:9 to clean and than in suprol pro?
nuno, read the instructions that came with your cleaning liquids. If you follow them, you should be fine. These are after all formulas designed for watch and clock use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamiltonFan
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre