• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Horology trade tools.

BOBMAN

New User
Nov 29, 2021
Country
I am new to this but I have always been fascinated by pocket watches. I would buy watches whether they worked or not just because of their beauty. I would like to know what tools I need to start repairing my watches and where I can find parts. Thank you

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
start working your way through the watch repair forum and have paper and pen handy as you build your shopping list. :)

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Two excellent and easily obtained books on pocket watch maintenance and repair are "Practical Watch Repairing" by Donald De Carle and The watch repairers Manual by Henry Freid. These books describe the tools and how to use them.

Swiss made tools have become very expensive but lots of tools in various condition show up in various on line sites. I also suggest you check our advertisers in the business directory above.

BOBMAN

New User
Nov 29, 2021
Country
Two excellent and easily obtained books on pocket watch maintenance and repair are "Practical Watch Repairing" by Donald De Carle and The watch repairers Manual by Henry Freid. These books describe the tools and how to use them.

Swiss made tools have become very expensive but lots of tools in various condition show up in various on line sites. I also suggest you check our advertisers in the business directory above.
Thank you for the information. This will be a slow process for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bodger
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller