Horological cutters -- identification

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by sharukh, Apr 25, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. sharukh

sharukh Registered User

Oct 10, 2011
    A few days ago, I had posted a thread on the Horological tools forum looking for information about a bunch of cutters.

Before posting, I have searched online; I have the book by J Malcolm Wild and have seen the tables in the appendices. I'm still none the wiser. There was only one response to my original thread.

Could you kind folks amble over to

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?142320-Horological-cutters-identification&p=1107697

and help me see the light ?

Thank you in advance.

Sharukh.

2. Phil Burman

Phil Burman Registered User

Mar 8, 2014
  3. sharukh

sharukh Registered User

Oct 10, 2011
    Yep, seen that link too. Like I said, I HAVE googled before asking on the forum.

The thing is, I have more than one type of cutter (believe me, I am NOT complaining). :smile:

In fact, from what I have gathered, Carpano seems to have made different types of cutters, for use with a wheel cutting engine as well as for use with a topping (or rounding) tool.

Thank you,

Sharukh

4. Phil Burman

Phil Burman Registered User

Mar 8, 2014
    So did you contact them, what did they say?

Phil:)

5. sharukh

sharukh Registered User

Oct 10, 2011
    Yes I did. No answer yet. I hope to hear from them.

Sharukh