$ Hoping for info on 6 pocket watches

Peter Canna

NAWCC Member
Jun 12, 2019
I hope everyone had a great Christmas or Hanukkah
I am going to look at 6 pocket watches after the first. Unfortunately, all I have to go on at this point, is the attached picture. The owner states they were her fathers (and I believe she is in her 80's). She did state the "Right One is an Illinois railroad watch". I assume she means the bottom right. She also said it was recently serviced.

I know it may be almost impossible to provide any info about these watches especially value but I thought it was worth a shot. So if you can help regarding info, even what to look for, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! And have a Safe and Happy New Year!

IMG_5183.jpg

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Hi,

You have both Swiss and American watches

The only real way to know what you have is to open the backs
of all these watches and get the serial numbers and take a clear photograph of each movement
and inside of the case back.
That will tell us what the movement is inside and the metal content(Nickel, gold, silver etc)
of each case.

The illinois watch could be the nicest one in the bunch but opening it
up is the best identification.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Diana Kelly

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
The bottom row is 2 small Swiss Ladies about $10 each. The lot is not worth very much and the Illinois, if a 21J RR has problems, the dial is bad. I would not pay more than $100-40 for the lot

Peter Canna

NAWCC Member
Jun 12, 2019
The bottom row is 2 small Swiss Ladies about $10 each. The lot is not worth very much and the Illinois, if a 21J RR has problems, the dial is bad. I would not pay more than $100-40 for the lot
Thanks that helps a lot!

Have a Healthy and Happy New Year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chas99
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff