Homemade Pivot Gauge Layout

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by ddhix, Jul 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ddhix

ddhix Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 7, 2011
    US Air Force
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 ddhix, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
    Hi All,

I created a few documents for you all. After seeing how much pivot gauges cost, I decided I might want to make my own.

All you would really have to do is print off the excel spreadsheet onto a standard piece of paper, and then have someone with a laser etcher print the document onto a piece of brass, or other metal of your choosing. then insert the bushings you want into the piece of metal to create your own pivot gauge.

The "Pivot Fit Test" section should be wide enough to fit any bushing.

The "KWM Extra Pivots" spreadsheet is better than the current KWM Pivot gauge on the market.

And the "Bergeon with American Sizes" spreadsheet supplements the current bushing selection offered by bergeon, by incorporating the American made bushings offered on Timesavers.

The only thing, though, is that American Made Bergeon 113, 115, 117, 119, and 120 are all 4.00mm diameter bushings, and would require a 3.97mm reamer to cut the proper sized hole, so those roman numeral indicators are replaced with a "?"

Also attached are two spreadsheets with KWM and Bergeon bushing tables. The KWM table is the same one found in timesavers, I simply copied that format and incorporated Bergeon bushings into it. In the table, any number with a "B" before it is a bushing that Bergeon makes. Any any three digit number is going to be an American made bergeon sized bushing.

I hope you all enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. bartmes

bartmes Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 20, 2012
    Thanks for your work and post.

3. Bob Murray

Bob Murray Registered User

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks very much!

4. Red_Grouse