Home Bound and Painting

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by JB, Mar 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JB

JB Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here is a photo of what happens when your wife decides its a good time to paint.
    Good thing is only the one room ...for now
    Can you identify the clocks?

IMG_4262.jpg

2. Clocks In The Grove

Clocks In The Grove Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Male
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    No I can not ID clocks but think there are nine clocks in the picture. Am I correct?
    Oh I think it 10 clocks.
    ..Bob..

3. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    No identification but I see two Dutch clocks and one French (Comtoise) clock.

Uhralt

4. JB

JB Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You are correct in that there are 10 clocks in the photo. The 3 hanging on the wall are cases I built. One houses a John Wilding movement , one a month runner ...running on the least amount of weight possible ( just like Scottie would have liked) and the last a pin wheel. Those doesn't count as you can't really see them.
    Yep two Dutch clocks and a Comtoise. The others?

IMG_4264.jpg

5. JB

JB Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    On to the next room.

IMG_4358.jpg

6. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Progress! Just curious, have/are your clocks going back in the same places, or are you using this opportunity to dust, clean and rearrange?

7. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    jb, I did the same thing, then remounted the shelving the clocks were on, the wall anchors pulled out of the wall an hour later, luckily only two broken cases that went back together, one broken 400 day dome (rats), one Seth Thomas crystal shelf clock door glass (beveled, expensive) and a broken suspension feather (coming from Timesavers). New, longer shelves with more supports going in next.

8. JB

JB Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Certainly used the time to dust and clean. Gave thought to rearranging but our eyes have been trained to seek out the time in certain places so for the most part they went back to where they were. A few changes..the Frisian Stoelklok ended up on the wall in the basement..my wife never really appreciated the clock. My actual grandfather's German Box clock made it out of the basement to the upstairs. My Comtoise clock did not get it's spot back and still waiting to be hung.... i think it will end up in the basement ...sigh.

9. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I agree that it's habit to look for the time in specific places. Sorry to hear that some are losing their places, but....they can rotate back. :). Or maybe you can get a comfy chair in the basement to visit with your friends?