High grade kitchen clock mvmt.

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Burkhard Rasch, Oct 9, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    got this from my watch/clockmaker because it was not needed any more,and before it went into a landfill.....
    This is a high quality 15jewel kickwind mvmt. by TN= Telefonbau und Normalzeit,and it is in perfect working order.I don´t know nothing about the firm or who made the mvmt.,nor for what purpose.It has the standard central mounting hole for a slotted ring nut the central shafts go through and has a metal frame to recieve larger (ceramic) dial cases modern in the 60ies-80ies. Ser.Nr is136953,calibre Nr. TN 9008,signed 15rubis,Nivarox Spirale 1.Qualität.
    I´ll look out for a nice dial for it.Enjoy!
    Burkhard

Attached Files:

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice movement Burkhard, its very well made. Hope you get all the parts to make a clock from it.

3. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    A similar movement T.u.N 9004 is illustrated in Rufolf Flume 1957 clock repair parts catalog.

I have no knowledge that Telephonbau und Normalzeit ever offered any timepieces of this kind. Any I know of were all master-slave clock systems for schools and factories, never stand-alone timepieces. That said, TN clocks, master and slave are always of the highest quality and often imitated in other European countries.

4. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks both for Your input.Yes,I know TN master clocks,allthough I estimate my Benzing as good as their´s,at least the case4 of mine-in massive oak- is much prettier and suitable to hang in a living room instead of TN with their blue laquered tin cases.I doubt that TN made these mvmts.,but have no info who could be the one who actually made them.Maybe Jürgen/soaringjoy could help?
    Burkhard

5. Typ1-2-3

Typ1-2-3 Registered User

Oct 13, 2010
    Germany
    Country Flag:
    I have such a movement too. As I had leaned the profession of watchmaking, we had changed much movements to make a quartz clock of them. Ashaming! I had put all movements, what were seldom or of high quality, into a case at home. Other movements were for the waste bag. Now I have two of them. Therefore I think, that these movements were in a kitchen clock or another clock for living-rooms.

Frank

6. Wynen

Wynen Registered User

Jan 21, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Burkhard,
    I'm quite sure, that these movements were made by T&N. I have a wall clock and a table clock fitted with this movement a and marked as T&N. And I've seen some advertisements in German journals in which these clocks were announced by T&N.

Hartmut