Hermle 1161-853 Issues

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by tkbailey, Nov 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kinsler33

kinsler33 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Male
    Science teacher, writer
    Lancaster, Ohio, USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It also doesn't help matters that old clocks, which always turn out to be grandfather clocks, seem to embody evil spirits in folk literature for children. Are there evil old clocks in the Disney universe?

M Kinsler

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I read this morning that Disney is now warning before showing old movies on their new channel, that the content does not match today's norms, so viewer discretion is advised! Snow White was given as an example, as was Cinderella. Strange world we live in.

3. kinsler33

kinsler33 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Male
    Science teacher, writer
    Lancaster, Ohio, USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It is indeed, for social media has helped divide us into thousands of squabbling tribes. Some years ago a spiritual tree in Pocahontas infuriated a powerful evangelical church here, which then made the near-fatal error of mounting a boycott against all things Disney. The church has since lost much of its influence and has (hooray) remained politically silent.

I think we'll wise up eventually, but the process is taking longer than we might wish.

M Kinsler

I assume that we're all aware of the dangers of imported German brass. Think of the children.