Hendrick Liverpool

Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2013
Germany
Country
Region
I believe this is John & Peter Hendrick, Church Street, Liverpool (Lancs) 1822 to 1840. Also Chronometers. (Loomes) T.Mercer has them from 1820, but only has one chronometer listed 3086.25 Church Street? Foot Detent. Called themselves Clock & Watchmakers.

A firm I did know about, especially with that address. I saw the watch below on the big sale house and thought that's a bit high priced. Taking more interest after seeing the seconds had, and noticing when enlarged the dial is perfect. I then noticed to the "H" on the dust cap and thought these people could make their own dust caps?
You will also see the watch is numbered 3088 on almost all its parts and seems to be a VI in a batch. Under the cock, there are also two initials, though I am not too sure what they are. The two ringed screws on the top plate are blued and I think some white metal used to show them off. I think I have seen one before holding the escapement slide, but never on the cock foot. The watch is dusty now and needs cleaning, I think it as been laying a draw somewhere after the case (Gold) was ripped off, along with the Gold hands. I am now very pleased with this movement and think its one to be re-cased.

Please see photographs below. Any info on the Hendrick´s would be helpful.

ä-5.JPG ä-4.JPG

ä-1.JPG ä-2.JPG ä-3.JPG

ä-6.JPG ä-8.JPG ä-9.JPG ä-10.JPG ä-11.JPG

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
It's not always the most attractive city in the World but it has a great history and a great spirit, I think that's a bit unfair :)

Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2013
Germany
Country
Region
It's not always the most attractive city in the World but it has a great history and a great spirit, I think that's a bit unfair :)
I Nick you are quite right, but I have to ask was that an answer to another thread. Liverpool of the 1800s was THE city. Fist Steamboats, first railways. the slave trade.the first police and the best watches worldwide. Bun Hill London was doing well then too;) Merry, Merry Christmas.

PS: I have now seen your point, I put it down to this bad cold I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keith R...

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
I Nick you are quite right, but I have to ask was that an answer to another thread. Liverpool of the 1800s was THE city. Fist Steamboats, first railways. the slave trade.the first police and the best watches worldwide. Bun Hill London was doing well then too;) Merry, Merry Christmas.
It was an answer to this thread before somebody corrected the title :)

Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2013
Germany
Country
Region
Thanks for letting me know Steven, I never realised I had missed the letter "L" and it would appear others saw it in a different light and didn't bother to say. Please leave it as is, and Merry Christmas and A Jolly new Year.:)

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions