Help with three old Watches

towrope

Jun 6, 2002
I just recently found this website and have learned much already!
When I was about 10 years old (about 40 years ago!) I found 3 old watches in a drawer at my Grandfather's house and did my best to take them apart. When he passed away, I got the remains of them to haunt my guilty conscience.
Now I hope to find out something about their history and hopefully someone who is capable of restoring them. They are:
#1 American Waltham Watch Co.,ser#3926513 in a sterling silver case.
#2 P.S. Bartlett,Waltham Mass.ser#1400022 in a coin silver case.
#3 Elgin Nat'l Watch Co. ser#7308382 in a gold filled case.
The 1st and third are together ,though the dials are broken, The 2nd one is in pieces.
I realize they will cost more to repair than they're worth, but since I want to give them to my kids, I'd really like to see them repaired. I'm trying to learn about watch repair, too, but these are too important to me for me to "play" with! Thanks to all who read this and any help you might offer!

towrope

Jun 6, 2002
I just recently found this website and have learned much already!
When I was about 10 years old (about 40 years ago!) I found 3 old watches in a drawer at my Grandfather's house and did my best to take them apart. When he passed away, I got the remains of them to haunt my guilty conscience.
Now I hope to find out something about their history and hopefully someone who is capable of restoring them. They are:
#1 American Waltham Watch Co.,ser#3926513 in a sterling silver case.
#2 P.S. Bartlett,Waltham Mass.ser#1400022 in a coin silver case.
#3 Elgin Nat'l Watch Co. ser#7308382 in a gold filled case.
The 1st and third are together ,though the dials are broken, The 2nd one is in pieces.
I realize they will cost more to repair than they're worth, but since I want to give them to my kids, I'd really like to see them repaired. I'm trying to learn about watch repair, too, but these are too important to me for me to "play" with! Thanks to all who read this and any help you might offer!

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzy
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions