Help with Rolling Ball Clock

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Love clocks, Oct 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Love clocks

Love clocks Registered User

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Rolling Ball 1.JPG
    The Harding and Bazeley rolling ball clock we purchased last week is keeping time well however instead of dropping a ball every hr or so, it drops all that are in the wheel randomly. I've emailed Sinclair Harding in the UK twice to see if they have any literature or advice on it and they haven't replied. Does anyone else have one that may be able to offer some advice?

2. Isaac

Isaac Registered User

Aug 5, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 Isaac, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Sounds like a wheel might not be meshing properly with its pinion at certain points, resulting in the ball holder to rotate fast and drop the balls? This post would do better in the clock repair portion of the NAWCC message board.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 shutterbug, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    It should drop one ball into the rotating wheel every time one drops out. It should be able to only grab one, and the rotating wheel should have some way to prevent others from dropping.
    I'll move this to clock repair. I hope someone has one to help you with it. You could also try to contact ProClocks for advise.

4. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    If you only bought it so recently, why not go back to the person who sold it and ask them? Did it work properly when you bought it? And Shutterbug's suggestion is also good, because Proclocks sell very similar clocks.

JTD

5. Love clocks

Love clocks Registered User

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    JTD, it came from a very senior citizen who I don't think has had it running in years. I had enough trouble explaining to him how to package it to post it to us! I've emailed Proclocks so hopefully they can shed some light on it. Thank you everyone for your help.

6. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    I see. I thought you had bought it from a shop. Hope Proclocks can help.

JTD