Help with origin of this clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Ron Roberts, Jan 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ron Roberts

Ron Roberts Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 14, 2019
    Can anyone help with the origin of this clock.
    On the lower left corner of both the front and back plates is stamped the number 21029.
    On the lower right corner of the back is stamped the number 12 in larger font than the prior numbers.
    Pictures attached.

Thanks

back.jpg Front.jpg Tambor.jpg

2. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    All I can say is that the pendulum looks like the one on my Perivale -which is just an observation, and not an expert opinion. Perhaps someone else will recognize the movement.

3. chimeclockfan

chimeclockfan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Chime clock & gong studies.
    WI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Looks like a 1920's movement made by Thomas-Ernst Haller AG of Schwenningen, Germany. Biggest things that stick out would include the chime drum & hammer setup, widespread arbors, and the hour rack. Haller AG did make their own movements prior to the 1929/1930 Kienzle takeover, which saw the Haller name being used on Kienzle movements for foreign trade.

The pendulum is probably adapted from British Perivale stock.

4. Ron Roberts

Ron Roberts Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 14, 2019
    I agree, the pendulum does look like pictures I have just researched on Perivale clocks.
    But the second post from chimeclockfan may be correct.

Thanks for the inputs

5. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Chimeclockfan, good observation about the pendulum. It does look adapted. I realize now that Perivales have the rating nut in the center of the donut shape and not at the bottom. So far, Perivales are the only ones that I have seen use that shape which is what came to mind when I first saw this one. Pendulums for mantel clocks seem to get lost at an unusually high rate, and replaced with whatever works.

Ron Roberts, that’s a very beautiful case and fortunately appears to have all the beads on the trim. They seem to be the first to get knocked off.