Help with missing parts

gearcutter

NAWCC Business
Mar 24, 2006
Hi,

I have a movement a customer sent, to have missing parts made for it. I believe it is a german wall clock movement, but not sure. It has no markings on it. The detent lever and the lift lever are missing. I am not familiar with this design at all, any help would be appreciated. I will send pictures, maybe someone can identify the movement, or help with the design of the parts missing.

Thanks,

Kevin Moore
nawcc#0090683 IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
You may be correct about the movement being of German origin but there are some details not German.

The width of the plates, the liberal use of cocks or bridges and the wheel collets are more typically French but too, could be Swiss.

The photos suggest some kind of internal strike train but I can't determine from the pictures if I'm looking at a rack strike or count wheel striker.

I don't recall ever seeing a similar movement either in hand or photo.

gearcutter

NAWCC Business
Mar 24, 2006
I am not sure it is a german movement, just a guess, 2nd guess would be french. It looks like it uses a rack strike system. I have never seen one like it. I was hoping someone else has, or has a picture of one. This would save a lot of time in experimenting with different designs.

Thanks,

Kevin Moore
K&L CLOCK SHOP

Second Life

Apr 2, 2007
Lexington KY
Country
Region
Kevin,

I use turbo cad – it has a feature of importing a photo and scaling it. To get a jump on your design I would get a photo of a similar works and do a tracing of the parts you need. Use the traced parts in a layout of you clock to finalize the design of the parts. As a check you could print the drawing and glue it to card board, cut out the parts and test them fro from fit and function.

gearcutter

NAWCC Business
Mar 24, 2006
Thats what I am looking for, is a picture of this movement or one similar. No luck so far. If you see one let me know. I use Alibre cad and would love to have a picture to import and scale to size.

Thanks,

Kevin Moore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acroteau
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller