• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Help with maker? Please

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I think the top one is one of many used for Japy Freres.

Kurt

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

NAWCC Member
Nov 26, 2009
Country
You're on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Just looking at the style of the dial and that it's paper on a metal pan, it sort of screams American. The months are in English which supports the suggestion of an American origin though I will freely admit that I have seen calendar clocks that were made for export to English speaking countries with English dials. Of note, there are American calendar clocks made for export where the day and month rollers are in Spanish.

It's a New Haven Clock Co. calendar clock and it's the style of dial and the logo they used for the calendar. See examples in either Tran's New Haven or Calendar books.

Don't need to see the back of the movement.

RM

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The top logo is for Jerome & Co. I'm not sure about the bottom logo, but as RM pointed out, the maker is New Haven. Tran's New Haven book shows this dial on the Register, p. 71, figs. 238 and 240.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The bottom logo looks like NY, possibly for New York. IIRC, New Haven opened a sales office in New York ca. 1879-80. Peehaps someone has better information.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accuraterubber
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Waltham Watches by Clint Geller