Help with gold watch

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by JiiPee82, Aug 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JiiPee82

JiiPee82 New Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hi.

I Found this watch. I Have got it from my grandparents and it have been stored since 1983.

Can you experts tell anything of it?

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    welcome to tehNAWCC mesage board. We be able to provide more informationif you can post pictures of teh movement (works) of teh watch. The case is US made. Roy was a fine maker and these cases are high quality. The 24 hours markings often are on watches for teh Canada market.

It is a hunting case. When you close it, be sure to press in the crown and then release once the cover is closed to prevent wear to the catch that holds the cover closed.

3. JiiPee82

JiiPee82 New Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Found some text inside.
    A.W.W.CO
    Waltham,Mass
    15 Jewels
    And serial number 13476312

Can you tell me some more of this watch by that information?

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  5. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Super Moderator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well, my bad for breaking this off and sending it to the European forum. I had guessed it would prove to be something of European make for the Canadian market. Obviously I was wrong and will now move it to the American Pocket Watch forum.